Parking Lot Snow Removal
It’s common for snow to accumulate in the parking lots during winter. To improve driving conditions on the lot you should remove accumulated snow as soon as possible. If you have a small parking lot you can easily remove the snow by yourself; however, if your parking lot is big, you should hire a commercial snow removal company to help you out.
Parking lot snow removal tips
If your parking lot is small there are many ways in which you can remove the snow. One of the most effective ways is using cream salt. You should sprinkle the salt from one corner of the parking lot and work your way through the entire surface. As the ice starts to melt, the water will start running towards the storm drain. You should remove large amounts of snow using a shovel or snow blower.
If you don’t have cream salt you should remove the snow using bleach.
If your parking lot is large you most definitely can’t do the work on your own thus you have to hire seek commercial snow removal services. Many snow removal companies use snow plowing machines to remove snow.
If you are a company owner or technician you need to observe a number of tips for you to effectively remove the snow. Here are the tips that you need to consider:
- Before you start working you should understand the client’s needs
- If you expect a lot of snow you shouldn’t wait for the snow to accumulate—you should plow with the storm
- To have an easy time always ensure that the water drains and catch basins are clear all the times
- Snow is slippery and can easily push you into a car; therefore, you should be very keen when plowing next to parked cars.
- If there is snow next to a building you should be very cautious when removing it. As rule of thumb you should push the ice away from the building.
- If your state requires that you plow the sidewalks, you should start with them to have an easy time.
When plowing the parking lot you should plow in straight lines and always push to the outer edges of the lot. When doing the work pay attention to the direction of the wind. As rule of thumb you should never pile the snow in the middle of the lot.
While you can plow small lots on your own, it’s always wise that you seek snow removal plowing services if your lot is too large.